Dr. Seuss Secret Art (American, 1904 – 1991)
The art of Dr. Seuss Includes the Secret Art, Illustration, Unorthodox Taxidermy, and Bronze Sculpture collections
We have many Rare and Sold-Out pieces in stock at the gallery. When pieces are sold-out, this means that they are no longer available to order through his publisher. This does not mean that we do not have them available in our gallery inventory. In fact, Art Leaders Gallery prides itself on having many rare and sold out pieces in stock! We have one of the largest Dr. Seuss collections in the country.
Theodore (Ted) Seuss Geisel, a.k.a Dr. Seuss, single-handedly forged a new genre of art that falls between the surrealist movement of the early 20th century and the inspired nonsense of a child’s classroom doodle. The Art of Dr. Seuss offers a rare glimpse into the artistic life of this celebrated American icon and chronicles almost seven decades of work from his early work that, in every respect, is uniquely, stylistically and endearingly “Seussian”. See a wide range of artwork such as the Unorthodox Taxidermy sculptures, political and economic commentaries, illustrations from his many celebrated children’s books and his Secret Art and Archive Collection that he called his Midnight Paintings and the Bronze Collection. The Art of Dr. Seuss is a tribute to all of those fantasy worlds and characters, which continue to spark our imagination and challenge our own perceptions. It is an opportunity to rekindle the spirit of youth and to capture a piece of true American history.
Dr. Seuss RARE Art & Sculptures
The pieces listed below are available in our gallery.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-539-0262.
Rare Editions of “The Secret Art of Dr. Seuss” Midnight Paintings
- A Prayer for a Child
- After Dark in the Park
- Cat from the Wrong Side of the Tracks
- Earth Friendly Lorax – Lavender
- Earth Friendly Lorax – Orange
- Earth Friendly Lorax – Salmon
- Earth Friendly Lorax – Yellow
- Fooling Nobody
- Green Cat in Uleaborg Finland Subway
- I Dreamed I was a Doorman at the Hotel del Coronado
- Martini Bird
- Relaxed in Spite of It
- Secrets of the Deep Deluxe Book & Print Collection
- Self-Portrait of a Young Man Shaving
- Self-Portrait of the Artist Worrying About His Next Book
- The Rather Odd Myopic Woman Riding Piggyback…
- Tower of Babel
- Wisdom of the Orient Cat
Rare Editions of the Illustration Collection & 50th Anniversary Editions
- Black Fish Blue Fish Old Fish New Fish
- Green Eggs and Ham: Sam-I-Am Diptych
- Green Eggs and Ham: Inside Cover
- Horton Line Drawing
- Horton, The Speck Voice was Talking
- If I Can’t Find a Reindeer, I’ll Make One Instead
- I Like Them, Sam-I-am!
- Kid You’ll Move Mountains!
- Oh, The Stuff You Will Learn!
- Sawfish with Such a Long Snout
- Singing Cats with LTD Book
- The Cat in the Hat: I Call Them Thing One and Thing Two
- The Cat in the Hat: Up Up with a Fish
- The Cat in the Hat: We Looked! Then We Saw Him Diptych
- The Lorax: Book Cover
- These Things Are Good Things
- They Proved They Were Persons No Matter How Small
- Turtle Tower
- Yawning Cat
- 50th Anniversary:
- Fox in Socks
- Grinch at Mount Crumpet
- Green Eggs and Ham
- King of the Pond
- Ted’s Cat
- The Sneetches
- 60th Anniversary:
Rare Editions of the Unorthodox Taxidermy & Bronze Sculptures